CAREERS AT KELK
Become part of our team
KELK strives to be one
best companies to work for
the steel industry.
Become part of a team that's recognized world-wide for what we do - the design and manufacture of the world`s most innovative, accurate and reliable instrumentation.
Vishay Precision Group Canada ULC (KELK) is committed to ensure the safety and quality of our goods and services to our customers.
Download our Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Plan.
For further information and customer service feedback assessment, please visit our AODA website page.
Please feel free to visit our career page for up-coming job opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Primary support of database operations for the business. This includes maintenance, upgrades, improvements as specified by the Operations team to include administration of SQL and Lotus Domino servers
- Assist with SQL server maintenance and reporting, as required
- Provide prompt response to support the end user community and its IT equipment including computers, phones, software and solutions while tracking through the Global IT helpdesk.
- Cellphone and Knowroaming support for pool phones
- Assist with SOX and other Audit Compliancy as defined by VPG policies and procedures. Interact with various audit agencies, as necessary.
- Other miscellaneous items, as required, to support local IT and the end user community. Occasional after-hours support and weekend work.
OTHER PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Maintain an advanced level of currency in core technical disciplines applicable to own specialty.
- Keep aware of other developments in VPG in fields related to own specialty.
- Maintain a good technical knowledge of market requirements.
- Maintain an awareness of technological advances in product design, components applicable for use, methodologies applicable in design and construction, applicable communications technology, and applicable computer technology.
- Evaluate and apply the above where beneficial, in particular advise on cross product application of system methodology's where product performance can be improved and/or costs reduced.
- Liaise with outside groups, also potential or current business partners, to facilitate finding solutions to problems and improving productivity.
- Provide technical supervision to less senior staff in specialty.
- Maintain proper written records (paper, engineering databases, computer files) and complete all required technical documentation.
- Use good work practices and follow company procedures.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to this position as approved by management.
- Experience in Database Administration and IT support
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or a related discipline or relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- SQL administration and reporting required. Lotus Domino preferred. Microsoft end user administration, workstation and printer support. Backup administration (Symantec Backup Exec). Mobile device knowledge (iphone/Android). Basic networking support.
Physical, Demands, Work Environment and Required Safety Equipment
- Ability to lift approximately 20.30 lbs.
VPG Canada, located in the North York area of Toronto, and formerly George Kelk Corporation is a major worldwide supplier of force sensors and advanced opto-electronic instrumentation for non-contact dimensional, displacement and velocity measurement, also related signal processing, data processing and control systems. In business for over 60 years, we are acknowledged by our metals industry customers to be a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of innovative, high quality industrial instrumentation.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.kelk.com
How to Apply
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using using job #ADMIN2017 in the email subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Human Resources Manager,
Vishay Precision Group Canada ULC (KELK),
48 Lesmill Road, Toronto, Ontario
M3B 2T5, Canada.