CAREERS AT KELK
Become part of our team
KELK strives to be one
best companies to work for
the steel industry.
Become part of a team that's recognized world-wide for what we do - the design and manufacture of the world`s most innovative, accurate and reliable instrumentation.
Vishay Precision Group Canada ULC (KELK) is committed to ensure the safety and quality of our goods and services to our customers.
Download our Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Plan.
For further information and customer service feedback assessment, please visit our AODA website page.
Please feel free to visit our career page for up-coming job opportunities.
Signal Processing Specialist
Reporting to the Manager, Engineering Sciences, the Signal Processing Specialist will undertake; Signal and image processing analysis, modelling and design activities, provide R&D, field applications, and design maintenance support for all products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Use MATLAB/Simulink™ to simulate designs
- Use simulations to explore options before prototyping is done
- Design a high level of final quality, accuracy and overall robustness into KELK products
- Signal processing and associated algorithms, from the initial concept to implementation in the field
- Within specialty:
- Identify technical problems in KELK products or applications
- Initiate corrective actions or recommend solutions to management
- Implement the agreed technical solutions
- Maintain proper written records (lab books, paper files, engineering databases, computer files) and complete all required technical documentation
- Understand and practice industrial standards for quality code, product and document control
- Contribute to the improvement of existing products and the design of new products
- Provide technical consultation and assistance to others in KELK for both new and established products in specialty
- Undertake other duties appropriate to this position as approved by management
OTHER PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Maintain a good technical knowledge and competence in specialty
- Maintain an advanced level of awareness in technical disciplines related to this specialty
- Be an active and contributing member of R&D teams
- Be proficient in both oral and written English communications
- Provide technical support to all Engineering staff and Managers
- Within specialty, maintain a good knowledge of current practice and technological advances in:
Time Series Analysis (TSA)
Filter analysis and design
Modeling and simulation
Applicable mathematics and the practical implementation of the above
- 5+ years of experience in signal processing in an industrial environment
- M.A.Sc. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- MATLAB, Simulink, C programming language
Physical, Demands, Work Environment and Required Safety Equipment
- This position requires some foreign travel. The incumbent shall have no impediment to international border crossing on KELK business. This position requires some work in metal rolling mills and on mining industry sites. A sound awareness and experience of industrial safety procedures is required as well as the generally accepted protocols for visiting contractors. The incumbent may also be required to lift loads up to 5 kilograms.
VPG Canada, located in the North York area of Toronto, and formerly George Kelk Corporation is a major worldwide supplier of force sensors and advanced opto-electronic instrumentation for non-contact dimensional, displacement and velocity measurement, also related signal processing, data processing and control systems. In business for over 60 years, we are acknowledged by our metals industry customers to be a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of innovative, high quality industrial instrumentation.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.kelk.com
How to Apply
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using using job #ENG-SPS2017 in the email subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Human Resources Manager,
Vishay Precision Group Canada ULC (KELK),
48 Lesmill Road, Toronto, Ontario
M3B 2T5, Canada.