CAREERS AT KELK
Become part of our team
KELK strives to be one
best companies to work for
the steel industry.
Become part of a team that's recognized world-wide for what we do - the design and manufacture of the world`s most innovative, accurate and reliable instrumentation.
Vishay Precision Group Canada ULC (KELK) is committed to ensure the safety and quality of our goods and services to our customers.
Download our Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Plan.
For further information and customer service feedback assessment, please visit our AODA website page.
Please feel free to visit our career page for up-coming job opportunities.
Mechanical Product Design Engineer
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Advanced 2D/3D CAD knowledge, preferably with AutoCAD and SolidWorks, respectively, required
- Advanced FEA knowledge, preferably with SolidWorks Simulation, required
- Analytical problem solving
- Material Strength Analysis
- Product design experience with solid mechanics
- Product design experience with complex assemblies
- Either or both Optomechanical or Electromechanical design experience desired, but not necessary
- Production Support experience (Design for Manufacturing)
- Minimum of 5 years mechanical engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor.s degree in Mechanical Engineering (minimum)
- P.Eng Designation, E.I.T. or eligible for PEO designation
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Mechanical Engineering & Product Development:
- Conduct studies on solid mechanics and strength of materials associated to the design of Force Products.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in design practice and production process.
- Establish and update the design guidelines for Applications Engineering for the use Force and/or Optical Products.
- Participate in Optical development projects as a mechanical design expert.
- Undertake Force development projects for new or custom load cell and new applications.
- Perform design for manufacturability review
- Lead/support the transition of transferring design to production
- Report progress of own product development projects to management in a timely and regular manner using Project Management / Timesheet Application and tools
Continuous Improvements and Design Maintenance:
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the existing KELK Force and/or Optical products.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings of the existing KELK Force and/or Optical products.
- Initiate corrective actions or recommend solutions to management.
- Identify technical problems and their solutions.
- Perform analysis on product failure to ascertain root causes and propose solutions.
- Create / contribute to product ECN.s and NCR.s as required
- Provide design maintenance support for Force and/or Optical Products
- Identify, analyze and correct product or process issues as assigned by NCR.
- Assist Manufacturing in own specialty, as required, to produce VPG products.
- Provide technical consultation and assistance to others within VPG for both new and established products.
- Advise on current and evolving technologies relevant to Force and/or Optical Products.
- Accompany the sales staff as a technical expert during customer visits.
- Undertake troubleshooting and field activities.
- Provide product training for KELK staff.
- Ensure that all related documents are properly completed and verified in accordance with QA procedures.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to this position, as assigned by their Manager
Physical, Demands, Work Environment and Required Safety Equipment
- Travel may be required, as well as working in metals rolling mills and on mining industry sites periodically. A sound awareness and experience of industrial safety procedures is required
VPG Canada, located in the North York area of Toronto, and formerly George Kelk Corporation is a major worldwide supplier of force sensors and advanced opto-electronic instrumentation for non-contact dimensional, displacement and velocity measurement, also related signal processing, data processing and control systems. In business for over 60 years, we are acknowledged by our metals industry customers to be a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of innovative, high quality industrial instrumentation.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.kelk.com
How to Apply
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using using job #ENG-ME2017 in the email subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Human Resources Manager,
Vishay Precision Group Canada ULC (KELK),
48 Lesmill Road, Toronto, Ontario
M3B 2T5, Canada.